Marketing Manager (possibly freelance)
£neg depending on experience
An Introduction to Angle
Angle are a strategic brand, website development and digital marketing agency based in Kent. We have an eclectic portfolio of clients including blue chip, local authorities and SME’s, all rubbing shoulders with national organisations. We love talking to everyone.
What this means for you is the opportunity of working with a lively group of designers, developers and project managers, all offering a wealth of experience. The opportunity offers working hours of 9-5 within the modern offices of Discovery Park boasting onsite cafeteria and a playroom area to unwind on your lunch break.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to promote and grow Angle Studios’ exciting four revenue streams. This is an important role within the company and you will be instrumental in helping the company move forward. It will entail presenting to management your ideas and plan, explaining your reasons and maybe challenging some decisions. We want you to be passionate about what you believe in as we are.
You're not afraid to drive sales through various marketing channels, happy to network and work your connections and thus building the brand and increasing the bottom line. Alongside sales you are equally capable of putting together a winning marketing strategy that is implemented successfully and dovetails nicely in your sales strategy.
Most importantly you are realistic in your forecasts, you are focussed and you believe in Angle.
Typically, a marketing manager will:
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns for all revenue channels
- Oversee a social media strategy
- Manage and maintain the organisation’s website(s)
- Write and optimise content for the website and social networking accounts such as Facebook and Twitter
- Maintaining and updating customer databases;
- Track and analyse website traffic flow and provide regular internal reports
- Attain key performance indicators such as reducing the website bounce rate, increasing dwell time or improving conversion
- Continually work on the Search Engine Optimization of the website(s)
- Correct any errors that appear in online content
- Work with designers to edit and post videos, podcasts and audio content to online sites
- Create online banner adverts and oversee pay per click (PPC) ad management
- Write copy for email marketing campaigns
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments, particularly developments in mobile marketing
- Competitor research
- Work on printed material to supplement online products
- Attend product launches and networking events
- Press releases and contact editors
- Awards – managing the entry and promotion
- Editing and writing skills: You need to devise and edit content for various digital platforms. Writing blog posts may well be an integral part of the job
- Speaking/communication skills: These will mainly be deployed internally. You will need to be able to explain coherently to others
- Editing skills: Website and social media content will not just be text but frequently visual as well
- Awareness skills: Have a grip of what is going on within the agency. Voice ideas and support other team members
- Software skills: A strong knowledge of search engine optimization and advanced Word and Powerpoint skills
- Project management skills: Digital marketing executives also need to be good at handling time-sensitive projects and working to deadlines
- Time Management: With marketing timing is key. You will need to be able plan your own work in order to deliver the plan
- Project Management: You will need to ensure projects are seen through, and not forgotten about.
- New ideas: You will be a fountain of ideas, proactive in implementing them and do not give up until they have at least been listened to.
Experience of between one and three years in a marketing and communications role is required.
Apply for this job